GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Blue Sky, page-2

1. 1,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Indeed. To add, to your sector analysis, especially with respect to Orocobre it might be interesting to check out the Annual Shareholder meeting going on today, as well as posts from Audax on that forum, that show actual shipment purchases from their respective buyers. Orocobre is also trying to keep up with increased lithium demand by increasing its production at its Olaroz plant by 2018. It seems it as though there might be a race between them and Galaxy with SDV to supply lithium (although we are not expecting to reach production until the 2h of 2019 as per the Swiss Mining presentation) . I also believe that the car makers will have challenges mass producing electric EVs, including Tesla (ie. to reach its 500,000 cars) until lithium supply can catch up. These later producers will also have challenges since a lot of their lithium supply needs to be tested, and plants constructed, before they can add any meaningful supply to the entire chain. I found an interesting book as well on the specifics and history of the lithium supply discussing chemical processes as well as moves that the majors have made SQM, FMC have made. Provides interesting case studies (given that it shows strategic moves made, and allows for comparison between that and how information is presented to shareholders)

Handbook of Lithium and Natural Calcium Chloride
    By Donald E. Garrett

Also, don't forget the 180 million dollar investment that SQM subsidary--Salar just made to expand production capabilites, as well upgrade infrastructure. http://www.economiaynegocios.cl/noticias/noticias.asp?id=310592

PS. Look who's number one on the presentation spot at the swiss mining institute: http://www.swissmininginstitute.ch/conferences/conference_zurich.php
    Last edited by bobsacramento: 23/11/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.