CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

bluegen.net, page-179

1. 2,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Hey, I personally think it is a horrible idea to take production at this stage of company development out of our own hands. Far too risky. The labour costs are not a large % of the Bluegen cost. Its the low production orders we are putting on our suppliers and the business overhead from supporting the growth the busines.

We already have proven, quality vendors in China. The technical attributes and ultimate performance of our mCHP must be every bit as good as it can be. Even if it demands higher than ideal costs at present.

What IMO will kill the company in a heartbeat is failures in the field and faults, problems associated with reliability of supply and cost because we went to a developing country for cheap labour. We have something li9ke a 99% availability history whereas our competition in the Callux trial are somethign like 95%. Lets not compromise that.

In the future with fixed sales and need for expanded capacity, perhaps we farm out BlueGen assemble completely to Three Circles in China and hopefully we just concentrate on manufacturign high quality Gennex stacks to give to Three Circles, Bruns, Ideal, Dietrich etc and they do all the assembly/distribuition. We just stick with what we know and that is Gennex.

I wonder if we still have the option on the lot of land next door to our German facility that talk back in the day meant we could execute the plan to scale up to 100,000 annual production as demanded. But meh...too far down the road from where we are today to worry about really

EDIT...oops! Just reallised this is the Bluegen thread...sorry for the chit chat in this thread
    Last edited by IndiJo: 12/09/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.