CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

RBThanks, so it all gets back the the higher efficiency...

1. 824 Posts.
    RB

Thanks, so it all gets back the the higher efficiency associated with on-site generation.

Gas used in a peaking station would have the same CO2 footprint but because of the line loss it would produce more CO2 to get the same amount of power to the customer.

Using the govt's 1 megawatt hour produces 1 tonne of CO2 rule of thumb, a $20 buck a tonne CO2 permit cost the price of electricity would rise by at least 2 cents a kw. Of course the gas price will rise too.

I wonder if they will develop a model to run of sewer gas and/or septic tanks! lol

I note the comments about the unit powering down to a sustain level if the grid connection is lost. I am sure they will eventually develop a stand alone unit, but my main point is that a couple of hundred of these units in each suburb might prevent power outages when demand peaks because they would provide more power into the system.

At 8 or so thousand a unit they will remain a pretty niche product (unless govt provides a subsidy like solar). However, there must come a point where the production volume lowers unit costs to make these units very attractive. Indeed, they could prove to be a viable alternative to large scale power plants. Though I suspect we will see decentralised larger scale gas peaking plants start to roll out across our fair land.

The units are pretty close to sale. Neco is promoting them. Sorting out some govt largess will be a pretty important part of the puzzle. Without it, these units mayl remain the "type of furniture those rich people don't want you to have". So, they can brag about their on-site power station at all the right parties and places! Much more sexy than a panel of solar cells on the roof!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.