CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

bluegen operation, page-9

1. 824 Posts.
    hotcop

Thanks for that post it is very interesting to hear how these units work. The thing that struck me was the statement that the unit keeps going all the time for 2 years. That is, it is designed to run at 750 degrees all the time.

Bluegen consumes 12.6 MJ/hr of gas. Assuming that gas costs about 1cent a MJ. You get 2 kws from bluegen for 12.6 cents. 2 KW from the electricity grid would cost you about 20 cents off peak and 30 cents peak. So you save between 8 and 18 cents an hour. If it runs for 2 years without a major cost you could save about $3,200 over that period.

Plus you get free hot water if you connect a water unit!

Not bad. But how will it work with emissions trading. Under the ETS the cost of gas will rise because the assumption is that gas is burned and produces CO2. But if I am right, the Fuel Cell doesnt produce the same about of CO2 as simply burning the gas to produce heat. How are bluegen owners going to benefit under the ETS. They wont issue free permits to bluegen owners! yet they will pay for emissions that dont exist!

Does bluegen benefit from those feed in tariffs that home solar installations get?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.