CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

The energy sector could even stick with the devil they know -...

1. 313 Posts.
    The energy sector could even stick with the devil they know - centralised generation. Build bigger fuel cells to replace existing coal/gas fired generators. Gasify the coal, or use the existing gas, at sites already connected to the distribution network.

Linc Energy is playing with such a proposition in Qld now using a 5MW(?) fuel cell from a British company, AFC Energy, and utilising syngas from ucg. I'm pretty sure LNC has taken a shareholding in AFC to show their faith in the alliance. I don't own shares in either.

Distributed generation sounds great and is the rationale for CFU's products and existence but by it's nature also requires a distributed energy supply. The Germans seem keen to go this path and possibly the Brits too. Partnerships elsewhere in the northern hemisphere have shown interest but not keenness yet.

Ceres is a direct competitor but from what I've read is a year or so behind us in product capability and rollout. They might not always be so, or our only direct competitor.

Until I see sales of some magnitude I'll maintain my interest in CFU anchored by words like clever, innovative, advanced and potential. But not certainty.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.