BSL 0.54% $20.43 bluescope steel limited

I purchased my first BSL shares today after reading about their...

1. 609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    I purchased my first BSL shares today after reading about their deal.I did originally want to buy them at $8 as they had pulled back but bought some other stock that lost me just as much.I do understand how long term holders are feeling.
    Anyway after flicking through plenty of the threads on BSL i am understanding some of the angst from longterm holders and as they have skin in the game, am happy to be better informed from them.As i know too well it is easy to lose sight of reality after your management has cost you dearly.
    Here are my reasons for buying now,

Bsl has had lots of big hits on their business and alot of those were out of managements control.i.e gfc,high dollar Australian political risk and low steel prices.I am in no way defending them as some of you have posted they have made their own mistakes i am sure.Hey but they aren't taking their bonus!
    As others have said the company may have been at deaths door if not for this deal.Who would have put money in again and at what price if they did a spp?
    The Japanese company could have come to the clearing sale and bought what they wanted.
    This deal to me gives them a larger market to sell too.
    Could leave them with little debt which has been a problem.
    The partnership will have some Japanese dedication on the board which should keep the honost or working hard.
    I love the bluescope products and do believe they have valuable know how.Perhaps Kitkat can enlighten us about moral at work and whether there is indeed special know how.
    Solar panels will be printed os steel roofing etc.
    This stock has been priced for armageddon and it now has a future in the fastest growing regions in the world.
    A whole of nothing is nothing,
    Half of something is something more than nothing.

Oh yeah i am a terrible speller but i meant to call the thread steal instead of steel because that is what imo it is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.43
Change
0.110(0.54%)
Mkt cap ! $8.990B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.32 $20.58 $20.15 $35.06M 1.717M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 308 $20.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.43 3123 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.