ECT 0.00% 0.2¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

bm as a function to lv aldp govt initiative, page-15

1. 6,284 Posts.
    Kranky , perhaps you should lobby the Govt.

It's the Govt calling the shots based on their strategic planning policies to assist LV CCT and BCE for local use and for export.

If I see an Advanced Lignite Demonstration Program appear next year for the BM region, I'd say the Govt is sees an ''overall'' benefit in the region.

But,do you not think the Govt would have duly considered an option to include BM in the Victorian ALDP ?

I think if the Govt had wanted BM included in a Victorian ALDP, then the Victorian ALDP would have included BM.

If we were to expect a BM ALDP imo, the Vic ALDP would have been called the Latrobe Valley ALDP and further region specific grants would still be in the pipeleine ?

I am not holding my breath for positive outcomes of the size and scope that are hoped for by BM lignite explorers & potential developers, but I appreciate that you may be from an mnm holding perspective and respect our differences of opinion.

If the Govt are not seen to be endorsing BM via any CCT EBIT ALDP styles of assistance, but are focused on LV,, do you think they would not integrate rail and Post upgrades specific to densified BCE, specific to the Govt's plans ?

The govt own the rule book and issue all the green lights and all the red lights.

IMO LV is the Govt's green light choice and will be assisted whilst BM appears to remain a bit of a new coal project red light district ?

You are correct imo that BM mine was not closed due to political favour.

It was purely a commercial decision based on lack of viability. Natural gas conversions at Alphington paper mills killed the requirement for the lions share of BM brown coal tonnage output, and the need for that little coal mine to stay open was gone. Visi board in BM must have followed suit later on. I don't recall without reading the history of the area again.

If BM is to become commercially viable ( initial mnm scoping study reckons so on 1bn+ T ) and community acceptable,?? then the Govt will surely weigh it all up via its many agencies, and 2018, failing any time blowouts will be good for mnm holders, but will be no thanks to currently understood ALDP parameters imo. By then I reckon an initial CHTD demo plant in the LV will be fully tweaked and understood. This too is a potential positive for mnm holders.

regards RD

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.343M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $32 16.01K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
54 30041044 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 12484246 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.