BML 4.76% 10.0¢ boab metals limited

one of the things i dont think any of you caught from my posts...

1. 9,782 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3485
    one of the things i dont think any of you caught from my posts of several weeks ago and more a few months back is that not all metals and resulting metal exposures are worth buying in a stock

for eg zinc has risen phenomenally over the past 18 months - yet zinc stocks are generally trading at giveaway prices

lead is lower economic value than zinc - it has the lowest value of the major metals = why i refer to it as the beige metal

currently lead is worth 0.31% of silver per unit.

0.31%. let that sink in

i know ive said this before - but it really didnt seem to penetrate. so forgive me belabouring the point - but i think it's a really important bit of insight for those who cant understand why for eg @v's dcf comps and bml stock chart performance seem at odds

so - while mine economics may be improved by extracting lead+silver - because silver occurs in such small relative quantities and mining is primarily a scale economics game - the market may place no or small value on lead and other low relative value trades.

so if you're buying a stock like bml you need to factor that you may never see the market give any value for that component of the resource - and it only comes to you via retained earnings + dividend payments once a project is up

possiby that might also force some lead value into the share price - though that connection of financial fundamentals to stock price isnt 100% reliable

this is part of why i have a slightly different view on bml as a long term buy and hold vs short term trade

though i do also regard bml as swing trade suited. if it ever manages to swing again. maybe it wont. arghhhh

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $23.33M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 11.5¢ 10.0¢ $109.6K 998.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 325659 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 84227 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.