CPL 0.00% 2.2¢ csl finance plc

bmo conference webcast, page-9

1. 726 Posts.
    >>>I understand what you are saying in that the share price is intentionally being sold down possibly to lower a potential takeover price<<<

If a takeover was mounted today I would expect the price to be around $2 based on where the price is sitting.

That is what I was pointing out when the price started its downward trajectory after the bfs was announced.
    It's not helping that coal is on the nose in the US at this point in time. (another big rant on CNBC last night)

The price may be down but at least any takeover attempt will be fought off by Highland Park, I expect they will be holding out for +$4.00.
    What we need is more than one company sniffing around and their probably is. Whatever they think about coal in the US isn't relevant to us long term holders, it's the Japanese or Chinese who will be buying our coal and they will be the ones setting the price.

Incidentally much of the 600k sold on the TSX last night came when the price was up 10cents and looking strong. A large seller came in and took it straight back down. It managed to get back up to 1.57 before it was hit again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.