LYC 1.39% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

BMW's new Hybrid. May mean RIP 48 MH, page-23

1. 7,261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 492

Pretty simple. I admit my spelling and grammar are bad as I have told you before, but at least I share ideas. You are a master of “cheap” shots. Share ideas so we can see some intelligence. If not go find a job as an English teacher it will be a step up for you and you should be happy. My spelling and grammar never held me back but My ideas gave me a fantastic career they let me retire at 55. I did not graduate till I was 27. Two tours of SEA 68 – 72 and some depression caused that. It is not always what you are good at but deficits that you overcome that determine success.

So now I know you have seen the light. Your original small battery belt driven less than 40KW cannot save fuel or pollution in a 1.5 ton car. You have changed your definition. Enough so you are correct. Rember when you first posted this and said you next AMG will be a 48 MH. six cylinder and have lots of HP from the Hybrid system no mention of 48 volt driven kompresors till I mentioned it. (Edie German spelling) I said 48 volts has too many problems. As far as 48 volt motor drive am sure enough that you are wrong that I will say not one of your three will be using it on the bulk of their models as measured by units sold. So if Audi keeps it on A8, low volume, and has higher voltage on other models Audi is not a supporter. So I am saying you are correct if only one supports 48 volt hybrid motor drive. I have to go 3 HV and 0 48 MH to be correct. If two out of 3 are HV I will not say I am wrong but not say you were wacky either. 1 HV and 2 MH I was absolutely wrong. The three are MB BMW and Audi. I will not even consider that Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, Nisan, Hyundai are all firmly in the HV camp. If one of them changes to 48 volts for Hybrid system I will also give you credit. Please note. I hope and expect that they may all jump on 48 volts to replace 12 volts as primary system for their cars. It saves weight and enables many new features. It handicaps the hybrid system if used instead of high voltage. I guess we need a time frame lets say introduction of 2021 models.

Please do not bring up coal fired grid as if I do not get it. I have pointed out that BEVS will not make it because of Grid power problems long before I was even on this blog. I defended you against Chem and his BEV’s because the grid is not ready as long as it uses even 60% fossil fuels be it coal, oil, or NG, Now you talk like I don’t understand. Your favorite way of downing people is to misrepresent their view and that is just sleazy.

You seem to have time to reply to many other things. 11 on 19th and six today. Maybe you just do not like this topic any more. I wonder why.

Now I wonder who will be first with a non 48 volt system. Oh sorry MB has already done that with the GLC 350 4 matic E. A full plug in hybrid 9 miles on batteries. Top speed electric 83 MPH 8.71 KWH battery. Slightly better MPG non hybrid 21/28/24 hybrid 24/27/25 . All data from MB including the blazing acceleration improvement 0 to 60 MPH was reduced from 6.3 to 6.2 sec. One thing you were correct about it did gain weight 4,001 LBS to 4,564Lbs. 14%

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.090(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $6.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 $14.95M 2.285M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1500 $6.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.56 6919 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.55
  Change
0.090 ( 1.39 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 732559
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.