BNB babcock & brown limited

Just some interesting things I picked up while comparing BNB...

1. 122 Posts.
    Just some interesting things I picked up while comparing BNB with MQG. Both Asset Management with MQG a little heavier on the investment banking side but more and more focused on the Asset Mgt side these days. Then again, Bnb have acted like an investment bank in the past with advisory etc. Would it be fair to say that Bnb aspires to be the next MQG?

Lets look at the their:
    BNB MQG
    52 week high, 34 97
    current price 22.3 69.9
    % diff -35% -28%

PE ratio. 16 10

Doesn't MQG attract the nations best brains? has a higher profile and is more actively traded (not that BNB isn't) Now how on earth did their PE levels get so different. In light of this comparison would it be fair to say that the better value is with MQG? Would the market expect a correction to BNB sp to be on par with MQG PE? Is that whats happening now?

Before we act, MQG has forecasted earnings growth to slow in 08, yet BNB sees see strong investor appetite.

If earnings reports are release tomorrow in the States, expect the DOW to be hammered if they report losses as expected. I would be amazed and perplexed if the market actually rallied. What description would the journos pull from their backsides to explain that away?

Put MQG on your watchlist. BNB ought to go lower. DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BNB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.