BNB babcock & brown limited

Rowscoe,>I work for a big (not so big anymore i guess) global...

1. 315 Posts.
    Rowscoe,

>I work for a big (not so big anymore i guess) global bank and I can tell you for sure that they havn't written down to where this stuff needs to be, as its mostly held in "hold till maturity" banking books.

Nor will they mark to market. Just expect some inexplicable "drag" on bank profits for the next 5 years - as they keep declaring asset write downs, despite record profits (and margins) leading out from the current recession.

In terms of BNB, I am satisfied from inspection of last years end of year accounts that the BNB bank has enough potential assets to survive it's debt burden.

People do not understand that in many ways BNB is actually in a better position than banks currently lending it money. (Compare bank capital adequacy ratios and leverage to BNB). It is really a crisis of confidence, they are enduring.

So much unintelligent posting on this subject - people stirring up fears for unknown reasons.

I am a BNBG holder and am delighted to be able to buy $100 face BNBG's for $5. There are extreme risks - but then again there are extreme rewards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BNB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.