ADO 0.00% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

boardroom radio video, page-127

1. 729 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1689
    Hi Eddie

Thanks for your further post, and thank you for your patience with me. I've been mulling over the suggestions you make. I think it comes down to the population size of the customers and prospects. If you're selling widgets and wodgets to a broad customer base, you can release sales volumes are values for each product, without infringing any individual customer's confidentiality. I'll come back to that in a moment with a hypothetical example.

Take your first group of five categories; on the face of it, I think that information could be safely provided, as long as the type of collaboration or use with parties was not identified. But I would sit around the table with my team, to confirm that no party could be individually identified or suspected. The mythical Magic Pills Company doesn't want its competitor Magic Moments to know that it has reached the feasibility stage with Mix&Go - indeed, it doesn't want anyone to know it's even talking to ADO!

Back to my hypothetical example, as I consider your second case, about revenue percentage increases for each party. I don't imagine any company releases this level of detail. Competitive intelligence has been alive and well for years, and all kinds of dissections could and would be made. So let's take beads and Mix&Go as I look at your next paragraph about revenue flowing from contracts. We have two companies that I'm aware of - maybe more - but if it's just two, then it's going to be very easy for each to work out what the other is doing, as far as Mix&Go is concerned. It's the small population. Now let's look further: why is the revenue to ADO from Company A growing ten times faster than from Company B? Does B not know how to sell? Are its beads too expensive? Or not much good? Is its customer service and support too limited? Or does Mix&Go cost too much for them to use, whereas Company A got a much better deal with ADO? In other words, it may not be a problem with Mix&Go, but if you can't publicly explain that Company B is falling down on the job or whatever, it could look as if ADO is failing in its dealings with Company B. And you cetainly can't report on the poor performance of Company B - you'd never be invited back to their Xmas party! So as investors, without that detailed information, we really aren't any further ahead.

The basic problem lies in there being at present a small population - 100+ parties across your five categories, in three different market segments (IVD, POC, Life Sciences - and we're talking plates, beads etc . . .). I'm not privy to how it all breaks down for ADO's base, but break it down and analyse it would be standard practice in any industry.

I noted the opening phrase in the recent POC announcement - "In the interests of full disclosure . . ." - just the words I would be using as I was trying to get a big partner who didn't want me to say anything at all, to agree to my saying something! Even then, it wasn't very much! I don't blame Geoff for that - he did well, in my view, to be able to say what he did.

So, I'd support you on your first group of five categories, subject to review by Anteo management (i.e. a few who are well aware of the market place and the partners, sitting around a table and carefully reviewing what might be released), and again reviewed by the Board as another check.

I hope this is helpful, and explains what has been going through my mind as I look closely again at what you are seeking.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $17.35K 826.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 362173 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 383789 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.