CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

Boat watching, page-753

1. 3,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts speckyraider.
    CWE I would compare to ship building (maybe submarines) rather than solar cells, led tvs or software. There are some opportunities to reduce costs if an optimal design is reached and then maybe a ‘competitive evaluation process undertaken’ to see who could produce the units.
    Co-location of a desalination plant utilises excess power and gives fresh water if needed – was more to prove a concept and show it could be done wrt pressure.
    You need a site that has a grid connection handy or you need to store energy with batteries/heat/pressure if it is a remote location or have a backup gas or diesel so the saving is in the cost of diesel (which is major).
    It is all doable but the cost?
    CWE talk about initial roll out in remote locations displacing diesel - ok.
    CWE say medium term expected to be competitive with offshore wind - ok.
    Long term expected (hope?) to be competitive with onshore wind, the best of which is close to costs of coal and gas generation.
    CWE has done well to get this far. It has survived 10+ years and is so far surviving the supposed anti renewable mood at the moment; my friend Ian Macfarlane turned up for a look I see.
    Pumping on shore means more expense the further off shore it is long lines. CETO6 is offshore generation and cable to shore – ok.
    Maintenance and running costs ~ between a ship and a buoy?
    It is something that is interesting and a lot of people are putting a lot of effort into would like to be involved in a project like this – downside is that can make people over enthusiastic.
    What is the ultimate market? 100’s of stations? 1000’s? Or a niche play that does great stuff but doesn’t make a lot of money? Good luck to holders. It is hard for me to form an opinion on this one. I’m watching but may well miss the boat on this one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.