I just read this entire thread and have to wonder if many of you...

1. 100 Posts.
    I just read this entire thread and have to wonder if many of you actually live in WA.

This is a convoluted and multi part opinion.

Any changes as they are proposed don't benefit WA today or in the future. We waited 3 years to have our freeway to be extended north around 7 km and it is only 2 lanes wide, when we have had traffic jams every morning and afternoon for the last 20 years. This is the expenditure of a state that generates 13% of the national GDP. Why aren't we living in a city that is as flash as the Abu Dhabi racecourse - because we only get a fraction of that back - the rest goes toward supporting the underproducers who get equal rights and votes for far less input.

I agreed that profits should be taxed and reinvested into the security (as in long term health, infrastructure, financials) of the state from which they were generated.

WA is great for business and fishing but a HOLE for everything else. If we make the sacrifices to live in this place then we should be remunerated accordingly. When WA has expended its resources and Melbourne has invested all of our taxes in building a Tourist City - will they come to our aid?

If you are the little brother who is overworked and supporting your gluttonous bigger brother, then you may as well cut the cord.

In this format and in the interests of WA and its people, SUCCESSION would seem far more appropriate. With even a fraction of the money saved from not supporting the rest of the country, it could pay for more flash defense toys than the GOVT forked out for in the middle of the GFC. Then we can start on building that race track look alike city :)

I'm not saying SUCCESSION is the answer, I'm saying wake up and realise that you reap what you sow. I would hate to think that someone enjoying the benefits of cheap east coast travel, massive and flash retail establishments, entertainment options and access hours that should meet almost all of your wants and needs, will be taking a little more away from my crappy - resource rich state.

As previously stated, who will come to WA's aid when our resources are gone.

Read the childrens story book 'The Little Red Hen'

WA should just follow the Hen's example.

Just a thought in addressing the agenda of Labour, which is to repay the excessive debt that it has incurred for policies likethe overpriced school buildings that helped prop up the unions piggy banks some more...and then labour pockets ( research into Labour funding and party power), why not have a look at the banks. Record profits generated on a per capita and wealth basis. The more people in your town the more transactions the more money your state should make. Likewise for richies in a particular state accumulating more transactions and hence proping up the disadvantaged in their state.

I'm all for benefiting the future generations, as long as my kids (one day) don't have to move over east in order to benefit.

Plus get your hands out of dead peoples pockets. They survive the war, depression, a pension that doesn't equal what a refugee gets, and the stresses of an exponentially rapid and demanding world... and to say thanks for there hard work the GOVT takes a piece just to make sure that anyone who had enough money to pay for financial advice and pay to have everything put in trusts so as not to pay death duties, will get a little piece of what the old codger spent his whole life working to own. GREAT COUNTRY

I might be young and often be accussed by an old goat that I'm of the generation of hooligans that needs a good clip behind the ear hole, but compared to our politicains - at least I have some moral decency

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.