Chhers Son of Bag limit, I appreciate that all states have...

1. 100 Posts.
    Chhers Son of Bag limit,
    I appreciate that all states have infrastructure issues, thanks to corrupt planning development and beaurocrats. That is one of the benefit for many big businesses and local governments when centralising population increases... no forward planning ensures future work for a lot of people who get to fix a problem that we apparently couldn't predict - please. To pay for this work, local governments submit applications that move there funding from state gov into a higher tier. Once this has been achiived, the local gov will always receive this amount as long as they spend all of it each year. This is why you find silly jobs being done at around the same time every year. It is to burn up the surplus cash so they can secure the funding for next year. How many crappy roads do you drive everyday, and yet, the curbing around your local shire property amazingly needs re doing again this year.

I'm all for taxing as long as the region responsible for extracting the resource gets all of the money - spend a week in Port Hedland - watch ship after ship get loaded, and then justify why the town looks like a dump. No small east coast town I drove through between Brisbane and Coffs Harbour looked anything like Hedland - and yet Hedland has a higher GDP than all of them bundled together. Equity? or simply ensuring that marginal seats get their happy and comfortable, low GDP,intra town servicing needs met so that they can keep living there cruisy beautiful lives. Come get behind a shovel in 45degrees in long sleeves and trousers in hedland and then have your hard earned cash payed to the east and see how happy you all are.

Just my thoughts though

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.