Phantom.Not sure what fantasy world you live in." - Public...

1. 35,008 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

Phantom.

Not sure what fantasy world you live in.

" - Public access --- yes but they only ' access' them. They do little else. "

What part of ' Public access ' do you not understand ? They are actually trying to encourage tourism to the bush. That's the point.

Why do you need to go all the way to a National Park for firewood ? There is huge amounts of areas where local councils have a firewood collecting period . Particularly on bush roads they have widened. Not dead. Trees that have been pushed over to widen firebreaks/roads. Mostly they can't get rid of that wood and it sits there and wastes away.

Fallen trees ? The government department , currently Dewlp, are always slow at doing this. That isn't a political party thing, it is a government bureaucratic thing. How do I know ? I have mates employed by Dewlp.

The tracks that I see blocked, not by rocks btw, are usually old tracks that are poorly maintained or too steep for public access. They block them off for good reason in most cases.
    I'm a regular adventure bike rider. Particularly in Gippsland and the Vic high country. There are heaps of bush tracks open for access. Many have been upgraded in the last few years.

Best you get off your backside and get into the bush. Sounds like you've not been up there in decades.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.