bob katter not happy

1. 9,445 Posts.
    Independent Federal MP Bob Katter says Opposition Leader Tony Abbott will be harshly judged over his failure to honour a deal to allow pairing of the speaker in Parliament.................. Mr Katter says Mr Abbott's approach will undermine the Coalition cause. "I think he has established a most unfortunate reputation for himself," he said.

"I think he is going in there with an adversarial attitude and is not seeing the bigger picture and I think that he's making a very bad political judgement there. "The people are also sick and tired of this sort of approach.

"I have told a number of high-ranking Liberals in the Parliament that I don't think their cause is best served by simply making trouble at this early stage."

Independent MP Tony Windsor has already described Mr Abbott's actions as a "breach of trust".

The Opposition has also indicated it may not pair ministers who have to travel overseas on government business.

New Liberal whip Warren Entsch is giving no guarantee the Coalition would pair a Labor MP's vote in the case of a trade or defence minister travelling overseas.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/24/3020914.htm?section=justin

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.