KAR 1.98% $1.80 karoon energy ltd

A few comments about the interview: 1. V surprised he called it...

1. 1,694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    A few comments about the interview:

1. V surprised he called it 50/50 between SA and Australia. Especially with the 1-2b bbl potential he talked of in Peru. Must be very hopeful re Carnarvon!
    2. No mention at all of farmout at Kanga. Disappointing this wasn't covered, but then again Alan Kohler didn't really seem all that up to date and (notwithstanding his errors) was more interested in the 10 year history and market cap growth (courtesy in large part to big CR Alan!) than much else.
    3. In fact the whole interview had the sound of a farewell (for the interviewer or the interviewee I wonder?) given that it was similar to the 'ballpark' interview that Bob did originally with Alan that sent the SP into double figures. Although Bob seemed much more sanguine this time around..
    4. I didn't know about Bernstein - will check these guys out.
    5. Good to hear taht Peru should be farmed out by November. Sounds like we'll have quite a bit of clarity on value in Peru, Carnarvon and Santos (save for presalt) by late 2015. So for those who've been in pre Poseidon, whats another 18months!?
    6. Bob definitely doesn't do PR. For instance his comment that UBS/Morgan Stanley/MacB get it right '90% of the time' on O&G could come home to haunt him if/when they release tough/negative reports in the leadup to a hypothetical t/o..
    7. I think its time for Bob to move up to Chairman with a new CEO as I think it'll be crucial that a new messenger (if nothing else) spreads the KAR word if we are to rerate sooner rather than later. The market clearly has stopped listening to the current guy and the company remains very vulnerable to t/o - the forced sale of Browse 'at the bottom of the market' shows this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.80
Change
0.035(1.98%)
Mkt cap ! $1.442B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.79 $1.83 $1.78 $12.59M 6.979M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 41814 $1.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.80 46131 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.