PTM 1.94% $1.05 platinum asset management limited

Bob's long-winded PTM thread, page-110

1. 310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    There's just no comparison between Elon Musk and Henry Ford because the Model T came out in the industry's infancy where it is now extremely competitive and low margin after 100 years of development.

In the early days though there were many car companies that failed, as the Technoking of Tesla likes to say it's the only car company besides Ford which hasn't gone bankrupt. The car industry was considered revolutionary at the time just as the tech stocks of today are, and it was revolutionary.

Unfortunately investing in revolutionary technology doesn't guarantee you good returns, in fact it's far more likely the opposite the Fords of the world are an absolute needle in the haystack compared to the failures like Tesla or Climax Motors or thousands of others who have or are soon to be confined to the dustbin of history.

On the last earnings call Elon Musk said that Tesla sold more cars than the Corolla. A new Corolla costs $18,000 USD where a Tesla costs $40,000 USD, the Tesla is much more expensive than the Corolla.

When the economy is doing well and people have money to burn clearly they have been and still are splashing out on Tesla cars but if we are in a recession (as I believe we are) then they will tighten their belt and I expect there's too much capacity built up in the electric vehicle segment of the overall car market thanks to all this hype and bullshit.
    Yes Tesla is selling 3 million cars a year, that's a lot but what happens to profitability when they start cutting costs to move the metal.

If you're a capitalist you can't be anti-government, they're so enmeshed and have been since the beginning that I can't see where one ends and the other begins.
    Last edited by BobDean: 18/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.05
Change
0.020(1.94%)
Mkt cap ! $611.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.03 $1.07 $1.03 $3.224M 3.060M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15512 $1.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.06 19337 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.05
  Change
0.020 ( 1.78 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.03 $1.07 $1.03 847967
Last updated 15.59pm 17/06/2024 ?
PTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.