PDN 1.71% $13.24 paladin energy ltd

body language of pdn chief

1. 84 Posts.
    In the Inside Business interview, which I saw on ABC and re-read the script of in a HC PDN post, I drew a lot of information from the body language of PDN chief executive John Borshoff.

"if Paladin does get absorbed into somebody else I think it would be a shame for the supply industry"

The language, sentences and words used do not give us that much information. He can control what he tells us. There are things he knows which he simply cannot state to the market. Body language is much harder to filter and control and as such yields much valuable information.

Watching the Borshoff talk to Alan Kohler I was struck by his underlying confidence in his business, and the brief flash of pain that came across his face when the idea of PDN being eaten was raised.

We all use different methods to analyse stocks. Charts, Fundamentals, Momentum Factors, Macroeconomic Views, Interest Rate, Economic Factors, Commodity prices and so on.

Over the years I have taken to analysing the faces and body language of CEO's and other senior team members during interviews. It is an interesting exercise - what got me started was an interview in 2005 with Owen Hegarty of OXR - I turned to my mate and said - this guy looks the goods, get on board.

Lets see what happens with my interpretation of PDN - I took a large position yesterday.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.24
Change
-0.230(1.71%)
Mkt cap ! $3.951B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.66 $13.70 $13.24 $115.9M 8.727M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 60263 $13.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.29 42663 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.