WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Bodyguard, page-4

1. 3,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1021
    I know I said I wouldn't post until the next Material Announcement as all the numnuts were doing my head in, but I also couldn't resist this reminder......remember the merger/collaboration back in 2014 between GSK & Novartis?

http://www.otctoolbox.com/news/archive-2014/gsk-and-novartis-to-combine-otc-businesses.aspx

'The deal, which should be completed in the first half of 2015, will combine GlaxoSmithKline's Consumer Healthcare division with Novartis' OTC business. The former reported 2013 sales of £4.70 billion, excluding the Lucozade and Ribena brands divested at the end of the year, while the latter had 2013 sales of US$2.9 billion.'

'Sir Andrew Witty, GlaxoSmithKline's chief executive officer, said the Novartis OTC portfolio was "highly complementary" to GlaxoSmithKline’s and had many well-known brands such as Voltaren, Excedrin, Otrivin, and Theraflu. "Together, we will create the world’s premier OTC business with clear opportunities to accelerate revenue growth," he added.'

'The largest unit will be Wellness with pro forma 2013 sales of around £3.4 billion. Wellness will have a broad portfolio of brands including: Excedrin, Panadol and Voltaren in pain management; Beechams, Breathe Right, Otrivin and Theraflu in respiratory health; Nicorette and Nicotinell in smoking cessation; and Benefiber, Eno, Maalox, Prevacid and Tums in the gastrointestinal category.'

'Additional information added 2 March 2015
    GlaxoSmithKline has completed its three-part transaction with Novartis, including the formation of a global consumer healthcare joint venture. The combined consumer healthcare business is called GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare.'

So I would imagine that although P&G have first dibs on BG, GSK Consumer Healthcare will also be very interested in the outcome and could even possibly be imo, one of the other interested parties waiting nervously in the wings......makes sense to me anyway.

Oh, and if you check OBJ's website, one of OBJ's Valued Clients just happens to be GSK Consumer Healthcare UK who we know have ongoing clinical trials for Panadol @ Phase III. These trials started many years ago, in fact well before the new collaborated entity was finally created in March 2015; that now holds Voltaren & Panadol among 17 other brands. Could we see a bidding war on positive BG data from 2 or more of our 'Valued Clients'?!?

It's not hard to see why Abdm is optimistic here with BG only one of many big deals that will offer some clarity shortly

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.