SMN 0.72% 69.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Boeing APB, page-82

1. 10 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Also of interest would be the application to military planes?........in particular comes to my mind the major long life frame cracking issues with the "A10 Warthog" , that the military desire to replace it with the "F35".
    However, Congress and others want to extend its life further, due its great still relevant performance and reputation with pilots and army ground forces who absolutely want it retained.
    If its life is extended then I would think it would be a very good fit for this technology?

Also the "B52 bombers" that they are life extending out to 2050 would seem to me another great opportunity!

Is anyone knowledgeable of where the US Military stands re this technology? As not much mentioned really. (Maybe sitting on the fence waiting?).

SMN technology would and should be a great addition to the high-performance fighter aircraft that push the performance boundaries with very high gees. It would be a very big advantage for a pilot having instant readout in the cockpit of the airframe for any damage or cracks during operations (e.g.during a dog fight), as well ground crews having access to data when servicing and repairing. This will undoubtably save down time and lives.

As the technology is now proven, it all seems a no brainer to me that once a few airlines successfully take it on, (as is now happening) the flood gates will open up! Including civilian and military aircraft, as well as the space industry?

Interesting times ahead!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
69.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.72%)
Mkt cap ! $94.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
69.0¢ 69.0¢ 69.0¢ $15.09K 21.87K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3035 69.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
69.5¢ 10 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.45am 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.