SMN 2.56% 57.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Boeing pleads guilty., page-7

1. 4,767 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1884
    Sabine I agree with your remark earlier about the fact that the APB application doesn't benefit Boeing financially one bit, and i believe that is the entire reason Boeing has dragged its efforts in enabling the CVM become a recognised and accepted valuable piece of the puzzle to improve safety for critical parts of aircraft.

If Boeing had some financial benefit derived from the use of CVM would this even be an issue?

On the other hand all airliners having to go through the arduous task of checking APB integrity every 9(?) months or so, the downtime involved, the potential to damage or mis-fit items after each check, has a considerable financial and safety impact on those airlines.

Its hard to fathom how airlines have not (apart from Delta) been far more outspoken and challenging of Boeing wrt CVM applications, particularly as it's become more clear that structural health monitoring is a necessity, and CVM is the most advanced non-destructive and passive monitoring solution.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.