IMM 1.47% 34.5¢ immutep limited

boilers news is very relevevant for 3 reasons

1. 978 Posts.

Thanks Boiler for posting this very relevant news concerning Prima. I see this news as being important in three ways:

1. that Prima has been mentioned as one of 3 additional companies worth watching at ASCO

2. that Prima is giving a 4 hour presentation at ASCO on Monday (7th June).

3. that the A SCO presentations from such companies are seen as a potential catalyst for the cancer vaccine companies. (I assume to accelerate investor interest in such companies)

I have selected the sections of your news which I thought supported my 3 points above:

Cancer Immunotherapy to Take Center Stage at ASCO
    June 3, 2010

In early April 2010, we published a 150-page industry report titled Cancer Vaccine Therapies.

A list of potential catalysts for cancer vaccine companies in 2010 was included in our initial report, such as the presentation of new clinical data during the American Society for Clinical Oncology [ASCO] annual meeting being held June 4-8, 2010.
    However, following a review of the abstracts published online, we identified three additional vaccine companies worth watching at ASCO.

(The first two approaches (Bavarian Nordic and Generex Biotechnolog ) represent off the shelf cancer vaccines, while the latter Prima Biomed is a personalized approach - autologous dendritic cell vaccine similar to the concept behind Dendreons Provenge.)

Prima Biomed is scheduled to present A randomized, open-label phase IIb study of maintenance therapy with a MUC-1 dendritic cell vaccine in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer in first or second remission during the Trials in Progress Poster Session held Monday, June 7, from 8:00am to 12:00pm in S Hall A2."

End of extract

As I mentioned yesterday, I expect to see some promotion soon by the company both here and abroad now that it has been granted ODS in Europe since this is another MAJOR milestone achievement and points to a very likely granting of ODS by the FDA in the near future.

I see the ASCO Biotech Conference as a great opportunity for Martin Rogers et al to present all the relevant attributes of Primas lead product Cvac as well as the other positives of the company - eg undervalued, great scientific team etc- during the presentation and informally at other times.

Cheers
    Birdseye

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.5¢
Change
0.005(1.47%)
Mkt cap ! $501.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 34.5¢ 32.5¢ $659.6K 1.969M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 399004 34.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.5¢ 4457 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.