Dub,Got it. So far read the intro - interesting. Still nothing...

1. 3,178 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    Dub,

Got it.
    So far read the intro - interesting.
    Still nothing to change my mind that they were no more than hunter gatherers.
    I note with interest the Pointed dome house (Qld Museum) and the Possum Skin design on the same page.
    The curator of the the anthropology museum at the University of Qld was a neighbor of mine in the early 1960's. As such I had access to a lot of native artifacts. I do not recall seeing any pictures of Dome houses or any structures apart from rudimentary shelters. I saw nothing like the Possum skin design. All of their weapons were remarkable in that there was no painting on them at all. Just sticks. Unpainted no designs.
    The didgeridoo is my favorite. All I ever saw were hollowed out sticks. Now you can buy them in most tourist shops with all sorts of intricate designs. Hogwash and all made in China.
    Any culture the aboriginals have now claim is stolen cultures from the Melanesians and Polynesians. I spent some time on Palm Island - a mixture of Torres strait islanders and aboriginals.
    Seems to me the Aboriginal culture has blossomed and changed in the last 50 years or so to prove something they never were. A resurgence built for TV consumption and to feed the ever growing Aboriginal industry.
    A flag no less.
    We are being conned.
    Native Title is a con and racist. Time to wake up.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.