cowcockie, My heart goes out to any primary producers in...

1. 28,389 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    cowcockie,

My heart goes out to any primary producers in drought, so I hope you understand where I’m coming from.

You shouldn’t be to hard on the B.O.M.
    They are world class and I don’t believe that many countries could blow wind up their way, in accuracy at forecasting most of this contry’s populations weather .

We of course, live by the weather where as most of the population just want to know if they need sunscreen or a brollie.

B.O.M. Has raised their accuracy, in my lifetime, by approximately 30%.

That was the 12-24 hours weather predictions.

It was in the last couple of years, abc interview with whoever was on at the Geraldton BOM station, it was his piece of good news for the radio listeners. They had cracked the 70% mark!

I remember thinking, “If that’s the benchmark for half a day or a day, what’s the % for predictions going out to a week, month or year”?

I’m not even going to knock them, they do the best they can with what they have.

Regardless of whether you ( farmer), me ( fisherman) or any “others” working with the environment are in a sweet season or struggling themselves, nobody likes to see someone else suffer.

A few years ago my area had a great start to winter followed by 4-5 weeks of stuff all rain, it was depressing.
    I heard 3 different meteorologists do their slot and it wasn’t hard to tell that they were gutted too.
    They all had friends and/or family in the area but they, just like us, prayed for the rain each night.

PS It’s the folks that push the latest claims of doom, telling anyone who would listen saying it is a 100% fact, that irks me.
    They seem to thrive on prophecy’s of disaster but cannot accept that this next claim ( insert what’s in fashion) that they have heard is still based on a pitiful amount of data.

My hope is that we, as a planet, get smart enough to safeguard our food and water sources as a priority, as quickly as we can.

It’s a pity that the only things we see governments doing is squabbling over how they’re going to tax it ( and our friends of the 100% variety insinuate that we’re a bit thick).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.