bom weather forcast, page-12

1. 17,117 Posts.
    my 2 cents worth

about 2 weeks ago, BOM forecast 4 days of heavy rain for the NE Vic/Nsw border, from Tues to Fri....storms hail etc

we desperately need rain again up here, it has been dry for months now...many days it looks like rain, overcast and cloudy...and nothing zilch zip

my brother travels from Jerilderie for doctors and dentists appointments here...and hates driving when it is stormy or hail,,,,so he (he is a believer in the weather forecasts) reorganized his appointments for the following weeks
    guess what, perfect balmy weather, beautiful sunny days, no sign of rain...and barely a sprinkling arrived on the Friday evening..
    the next week when no rain was forecast, he was caught out both days, with hail and storms

the majority of their forecasts are really out of whack...and have been now for a couple of years
    in the old days, you could say they may have been right about 50% of the time
    now they are lucky to get it right 10%
    I assume they now use some rubbish modelling, on a pc program, that is so far out of touch with the weather...
    that it is now useless
    I rarely look at their forecasts now, or if I do, I can expect the opposite
    have no idea what was predicted yesterday, but it was freezing all day....and again today, it is cool, cloudy, but I bet it does not rain
    I suspect the BOM has gone the same way as the CSIRO, and have been compromised, to go along with the current federal govnut global warming theme, so everything they do now, is biased toward global warming, rather than factual evidence.

And then they have appointed similar morons, to handle the Murray River Water Basin...
    I think the Hume Dam is running at 99% capacity, so if we were to get unseasonal rain, we would be subject to flooding again, as was the case down river last time it rained.
    please god, we desperately need some intelligent adults to replace the morons that are running our country, and who hold important positions.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.