bombers foil the afl's cunning plan......., page-7

1. 9,867 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3276
    Hi pete, i will take what i can get after the Knightmare era LOL! NAB cup or not, it's a final and we are playing, not something we Bombers supporters have been able to say too often the last few years. I agree about Knights setting the club back but also think Sheedy's last couple of years played a part also. So much respect for him and still think he is one of the best coaches of all time, just think he got left behind a bit and lost touch with the modern game, too many recycled hacks from other clubs when rebuilding and youth was needed.

I think we will see some of our younger (and older) players really blossom under Hird. We had a lot of talented young players that looked neither here nor there and lacked confidence under Knights. Who leaves Heath Hocking on LeCras when getting a bag kicked on him, demoralizing. I think we will see players such as Jetta, Dempsey, Melksham, Myers, Reimers, Hocking etc. make BIG improvements this year. Still not convinced about Prismall (that's just my opinion), think other players have him covered for a spot in the midfield which brings me to Henry Slattery, who is in my opinion, one of the most underrated players going around, would love to see him getting a run through the midfield.

Don't even get me started on Heppel and Hibberd, two BIG pick ups for the Bombers, future guns.

Hardingham looks exceptional across the backline, would be in my 22 for sure.

Anyway, i could waffle on about my Don's till the cows come home, but you get the picture LOL! Lots of upside to come. Still a long way off matching Pies etc.

The Saints missed their moment, they have peaked and are on the decline. Robert Walls said last night "i just can't see where the improvement will come from and if you aren't improving as a side, you are going backwards in this modern era of the game. Recruitment has let them down over the last few years, i just don't see any top quality players coming through", i agree. They will make the finals but don't think they will make the big one again with the current list.

Did i see Reiwoldt turn on the water works again last night? He even sooked to the Geish, embarrassing really. Goddard, well all i could do was laugh at his performance, looked like we had him rattled and he just lost it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.