Bondi Beach - RIP, page-186

1. 18,128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    @Tarvold - thanks for a sensible post. This man most likely suffered from a mental illness, has most likely been left by wife, or is/was alone, had a mental illness, hates women (his victims were mostly women) - and 'ran amok' - an occurrence White People witnessed in Indonesia, when the first explorers came in contact with them. That's whence the phrase 'running amok' comes from - there it happened from time to time, and Evil Spirits were blamed - the 'runner' was always killed as a result, often killing 4 - 5 people first. Eventually Western psychiatry realised that this phenomenon happened all over the world, not often, but has occurred and with different weapons (the tribal Amok runners used knives or clubs).
    I am of the opinion, that men, young and old, often have a harder time in their sojourn in this world, despite all the moaning one hears from some representatives of my sex, which does not excuse such a crazy act of violence.
    Re his attack on a Jewish woman (the poor mother with the child) was probably totally coincidental - I lived in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney, there is a large Jewish community there - I remember 'Rosebay' being called 'Rosenberg bay' - so a significant proportion of shoppers would logically have been Jewish, I think it's more significant that he attacked women. And bravo to the woman officer who confronted and shot him.

We will find out soon enough. I thought everyone behaved very well - I was happy with the communication from both our PM, the Leader of the Opposition and the Police was very good and calming.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.