OTE 0.00% 0.3¢ otis energy limited

boom industry big time, page-21

1. 13,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 236
    Simple fact is, most of the money on these companies that reinvent themselves is made at the time of vend, i.e. you need to own the shell at low prices, in anticipation of an acquisition. There's been many good opportunities over the last 12 months and more to come no doubt.

Just don't get too caught-up buying into the story of what they actually purchase because most will not generate you even close to the same return you can make on the vend itself, when these stocks go from .005 to 1.5c etc

Don't believe me? I would invite anyone to provide a summary of recent examples from the list in this ASX link and prove otherwise. I know nearly all the shells I have held that have acquired a project were great sells in the week of project acquisition and have either traded lower since or are about even. I never hold on to them.

Sorry, the new HC won't let you paste links from smart phones.

Type the following into a Google search: 'company name and asx code changes 2014'

Anyhow, not trying to rain on the parade as all things are possible on the market, but reckon it's worth putting it all in context, with the mass of other shells that aren't sitting any better after the initial surge on acquisition. The odds do not favour OTE trading significantly higher in the months ahead, despite every rebranded shell always having a great story about why their product/service is cutting-edge and the future of mankind. 3D Printing, cloud computing, online and biosecurity - it all sounds very sexy but rarely delivers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.