boom times behind us for time being, page-12

1. 17,117 Posts.
    why would most people want to sell their house ????
    its usually just the upgraders, mainly, the ones who were former fhb, then they nested, now they have teenagers on the way....thats when they upgrade....or after career is stable, earning good money etc...
    they dont have to upgrade, they prefer to

the first home was not the dream home....that comes later, for most people
    the fhb buyers today want the dream home to begin with...

I think what you are seeing, is people are staying put....they dont believe the GFC is dead and buried, they are being cautious.....
    hence the lousy retail figures for Dec, and the December quarter
    the economists got it wrong again...they predicted growth of 3% for the quarter....it lost 3%...how wrong they are , almost everytime, on every subject
    they are the ones telling you the banks will up the rates...rubbish
    so after, what was it, 4 rate rises last year, a change of govnut, the turmoil that brought, sane people unconvinced by the labor rubbish on the economy, people still reeling from the GFC.....
    and some think it should all be honky dory again....
    some see the end of the property boom, and earth shattering results...

I have seen stats over the years that say people move house every 5 years.....rubbish...maybe they got the renters mixed up with owners....
    I dont live in a cocoon, yet dont know anyone that has moved house, most seem to stay for 20 years or more, and they usually love the house and the area they are in...

saw a house sold, about 50k below the market, it was a deceased estate, the kids could not wait to get hold of the money, they wanted a fast sale, and they got it..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.