kincella, I don't live in Gladstone but in the coal fields. Rio...

1. 139 Posts.
    kincella, I don't live in Gladstone but in the coal fields.

Rio have the alumina plant there and there is a sizable coal port there. I know some people here at work who have done well out of the Gladstone and Boyne Island areas just buy at the right time and be ready to sell in 1 to 2 years is how they did it but there would definately be other methods.

It's not a area that I really follow closely but rent return seems to be better than most Central Queensland areas from what I hear and when it runs there seems to be good capital gains to be had fairly quickly.

I know nothing about real estate down south where you are so it's quite possible that the rents may be better or worse that you are used to.

Might be on the down a bit at the moment and a good time to buy with the coal industry dropping the way it is. Also with Rio's aluminium refinery not sounding so crash hot in the news, but that could be all rubbish too like most stuff in the papers. I don't know anyone who works at the alumina joint to ask for you but from personal experience what is in the papers is far different from what is happening on the floor.

On the other hand gladstone always seems to just have a reasonable size project finish and quickly another one starts.

Hope this is of some info to you although it's not much

Cheers

r

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.