AVE 33.3% 0.2¢ avecho biotechnology limited

boost for global diclofenac gel market, page-7

1. 5,871 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17434
    Southoz

Vanity publishing perhaps, but if Novartis bothered, I guess they have their reasons. Being able to pay Dove's fees might be one!

Re the decision to initially formulate and launch in India, yes an interesting move, but POH is certainly not alone. Ampio, mentioned by TI,is developing a lead compound there. It's just a guess, but perhaps the fact that India is now the API centre of the world, has a highly educated and skilled workforce in this field and is also cheap might have something to do with it?

As for time slippage being caused by problems with Themis and/or the approval process, well I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

What I can see clearly are two definite trends. Firstly there has been sustained strong growth in global demand for OTC topical analgesics and diclofenac gel has been one of the leading beneficiaries of this trend. Secondly, safety concerns with respect to treatment with topical diclofenac have diminished between 2009 and 2012 (American College of Rheumatology Guidelines, 2012 and Cochrane Review).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.