SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

BOOT & Ivan

1. 10,494 Posts.
    This is what Ivan Glasenberg has said recently about 100MTA Simandou where $25B would be difficult in this environment.

BTW, Mbalam-Nabeba beefed up + Avima + nearby Glencore assets would probably approach 100MTA also over time.

......A tender for the licences previously owned by BSG Resources and Vale is expected to take place later this year, and Guinean officials say they have already lodged high levels of interest from some of the world's largest mining companies. Glencore could be one of them. Chief executive officer Ivan Glasenberg admitted that the project holds some allure, but only if its huge infrastructure issues could be sorted out, at little or no cost to the companies that mine the iron ore. "Guinea is a tough one," Glasenberg told journalists on a conference call in late August. "There's a massive capital expenditure required for the rail line and port. If Guinea does what they say they're going to do and gets an infrastructure company to build the rail and port [...] then we don't have massive cost. It's just a matter of developing the mine and utilising the rail and port at a cost, but not with a massive capital commitment up front".....

Read the original article on Theafricareport.com : Mining: End of Iron Age | East & Horn Africa

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.