Boris has won its official, page-4

1. 83,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    it's not a difficult thing to grasp

if people were happy with life - they would not want out of the EU

but, they aren't happy - they want change -

so, they look to leaving the EU - ie. exiting

but, they only 'think' that will make their lives better - because they 'think' they see things that are causing their unease

the whole point is they don't want Brexit, they don't want out of the EU - they actually want better lives -

they 'think' Brexit will give them that

THAT is NOT guaranteed

I have zero argument that there is much wrong in Britain - certainly England - no argument at all - something (or things) are badly wrong - no question

The problem is that human life and society has changed so much in the last 3 decades - it's impossible to work out what's caused what -

the first internet browser only came to us in 1990 and has revolutionised life - the smart phone is far younger and has also revolutionised living

the unease that people are feeling is NOT just in Britain -

it's almost everywhere --------- America (hence Trump), Australia - hence the change of PM's more often than underpants, parts of Europe - riots, protests etc etc ---------- it's very widespread -----

that indicates something that's far far far far bigger than Britain having issues with the EU ----------- and, if that's correct -then, merely leaving the EU will not help --------- it will make changes - but, what those changes are are to be seen.

I have been speaking with several Brexiteers and several remainers -------

lets see what the Brexiteers say --------- and, one thing they all say is that - it will take a decade to settle down

now - think about that

think about what changes will happen in technologies and society within another decade?????

I suggest that those changes will be larger and have far more effects on life in Britain and the rest of the world than anything Brexit can do - those changes will be mindboggling

now, wind back to what people actually want -

they want change - they want it because they are not comfortable

Brexit gives no guarantee that they will be comfortable at all

it 'might' be good - it 'might not' be good

my guess is that in a decade or two - it may not be able to judge at all it's effects - because the effects from the overall changes we are all going though are so profound that all else will be lost
    Last edited by pintohoo: 13/12/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.