Elroy,Your understanding is pretty spot on.Paul the Apostle said...

1. 6,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Elroy,Your understanding is pretty spot on.

Paul the Apostle said to build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Spirit on all occassions with all types of prayers and requests. It is a prayer language.
    Nothing mystical about it. Many of David's Psalms were often songs to God.

You receive the Holy Spirit through baptism. The speaking in tongues is supposed to be the evidence. A bit like exercising.

That is a different to the gift of speaking in tongues which is explained in the book of Corinthians regarding speaking in order in a church. One person to speak in tongues and then for another person to interpret. It may be prophetic or a word of encouragement.

Born Again Christian is nothing more than a tag. I am a christian and that is all that matters to me.

One thing I also question Elroy regarding you saying you used to be a born again christian. You may have stepped away from christianity, but that does not mean Jesus loves you any less. What it does mean is that you were bought for a price and Jesus does not let go. You are too valuable to him. I am a christian. However I don't accept the tag of "Born again christian". Sounds to Americanised for me. Yes, i understand how that tag came about. John 3:16 is a good place to start.

Finally, Volltaire you have so often ridiculed Jesus Christ for years on HC and yet I sometimes wonder why your pre "Voltaire" days had the pseudo name of "JC".

Hagtwoeight, well said.

truttobsicj, as Hagtwoeight has mentioned this is probably not the best place to be asking. Ask your Pastor or join a Christian forum where at least you won't be ridiculed for your beliefs.

Last post on the subject.

Cheers markco2

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.