borrowing into smsf's, page-26

1. 165 Posts.
    Hi Lindso

Back from the SPAA conference (nice 7 hour drive) - a couple of things to note re double duty on warrants in SA:

- if using a second mortgage - do this at the start - ie bank borrowing of 97k and you lend 3k (this removes the 'refinancing' concern if done at the end) and avoid risk of double duty - a solicitor I spoke to liked this proposal

- alternately, he suggested there is nothing that compels the title to be transferred when the debt is cleared - just leave the bare trust in place (can't be any simpler than that) - with all the press etc on warrants it was almost assummed that the title 'must' pass when the debt cleared (this isn't necessarily the case)

- disappointingly, Nick Sherry seemed to label instalment warrants in the same sentence as CFD's and other exotics - not sure if he has a grasp on the basics of using these as a legitimate long term strategy - also, one presenter was adamant that if you want to do it, get it done before this year's budget as the use of warrants would be abolished (to me this is just speculation but I must admit, Sherry's tone was pessimistic)

Cheers

MK

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.