borrowing into smsf's, page-27

1. 791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Thanks MK.

Sounds like the 2nd mortgage thing might be OK. I'll have to read up on it myself to be sure (to be sure, to be sure - it is almost March 17!!).

Yeah, everything I've ever seen implies that the bare trust must transfer the property as it is no longer 'eligible' to hold the asset, like it legally becomes a non-entity. I think this is one of those fore-mentioned uncertainties. I'll need to re-look at the legislation, but I'm sure it said that title MUST pass once the debt is repaid, but if it doesn't have to or can delay it, then that would avoid the double duty.

I quickly saw a magazine article / headline the other day saying St. Nick of the Superannuants saying Self Funding Instalments were dangerous and largely not understood by SMSF trustees. He does seem to get on his horse a bit in relation to anything that isn't an Industry Fund or at near zero running costs. I find he focusses too much on the unwitting or ignorant person, not on supporting and developing the super system, but that's my personal observation.

Thanks for the report back, much appreciated and keep up the good work.

yours in super. Lindso

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.