BOE 6.30% $2.53 boss energy ltd

Boss Energy made $550m Jabiluka bid before PM’s mine veto, page-19

1. zog
    3,026 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 936
    What I find so confusing about the local aboriginal clans attitude to uranium mining is that an unmined uranium ore body is:

- radioactive and thus seeps radon gas, radon's daughter product (radium) which is water soluble and Polonium (used by the Russians to poison Alexander Litvinenko, in London in 2006)
    - these unmined decay products are totally unprotected and pollute the natural environment
    - these unmined ore bodies have been doing this for at least 4.5Bn years and will carry on doing so for many more Bn years.

If these ore bodies are mined then the ore body is removed and no longer a hazard - this ore also produces clean power which is at the heart of emission reduction and an improved economy

When it comes to the disposal of nuclear waste (after fission) only the HL waste is more radio active than the ore from whence it came and after 500 years is down to the same level.

HL nuclear waste is:

1. Separated actinides (the nasty ones) and fission products (about 30 yrs half life) after ground up and embedded in borate glass - the radioactivity from the fission products practically disappears after 300 - 500 years
    2. The borated glass (or synroc) is then put in a large and impenetrable cask\
    3. These casks are then put (well spaced) in an underground cavity (about 300m below the surface)
    4. Surrounded in kaolin (clay) - to make them waterproof
    5. The kaolin built into a compartment in very old/stable rock and locked up behind a heavy door with warning all over the place
    6. All this is well recorded and about 300 m below ground

THE PROSPECTS OF THIS HL WASTE CAUSING PROBLEM IS PRETTY WELL NIL (and even if someone got to the borate glass they would have to chip off a bit grind it up and eat it to do them harm). IMHO opinion someone that does that (in the future) deserves what they get and are unlikely to enjoy the flavour of ground up glass (i don't know I haven't tasted it) - smoked bacon is probably a better bet is is also carcinogenics but tasted much better
    Considering all the above the local aboriginals appear to object to a significant reduction in their radiation hazard - but think of the uproar (as in Kimba - SA - see HERE) when a well protected "low/mid level" nuclear dump is proposed - the Greens/Labor and the aboriginals are such a mixed up lot - why can't they appreciate facts. They are clearly being manipulated by big money (renewables and fossil fuels?) by powerful interests. I am sure that (like the Barossa case for Santos - see HERE) the "greenies" will find someone to coach the local tribes on some fairy story and get the EDO (Environmental Defenders Office) on tax payer money to take it to the High Court to waste everyone's time/money - thank god we avoided this prospect.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.53
Change
-0.170(6.30%)
Mkt cap ! $1.048B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.56 $2.60 $2.46 $7.390M 2.909M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 48296 $2.53

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.54 42136 36
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.36pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.