BOT 5.48% 34.5¢ botanix pharmaceuticals ltd

BOT - Anything but charting, page-7858

1. 517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157
    Many fund managers (those that even are allowed to invest in biotech) simply having to wait for FDA approval. I am sure they would like to take spec positions but quite often their mandate prevents pre-revenue opportunities.

In addition many eliminate investments in what they see as lower business success rate industries (pharma / biotech) from a historical perspective. Much like a fund may have a corporate mandate against investing in mining.

With this in mind when the Funds that do invest in biotech/pharma do come they will be after meaningful quantities of shares to ensure any profit moves the dial. Even a 1-2x return would be significant with a decent allocation and ensure they can meet their overall fund returns.

This is the “opportunity” for retail investors we are not hamstrung by corporate mandates, including entry times and allocation amounts.

*side note with the success of one or two smaller biotechs a lot of talk on different forums are highlighting biotech after biotech after biotech like every drug that has a successful phase 1 trial is now investible. This suggests to me there is a bubble developing with a lot of hot money not really understanding the success rate.

Consequently, BOT is being compared to other companies who are just finishing phase 1 trials. This is like comparing a mining explorer to a company about to export.

I have a position but plan to add as different revenue / profit milestones are achieved.

DYOR

Last edited by NewbieHK: 07/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.5¢
Change
-0.020(5.48%)
Mkt cap ! $543.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.5¢ 35.5¢ 34.0¢ $4.566M 13.13M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 410003 34.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 346713 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.