BOT 7.04% 38.0¢ botanix pharmaceuticals ltd

BOT - Anything but charting, page-9042

1. 1,793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1182
    Just having a further look at what's on offer in Australia when it comes to getting Botox for PAH, and it's easy to see why patients would prefer Sofdra (I presume it's a similar case in the US):
    • At best, it's about $780/treatment, of which you can get a Medicare rebate of $230 (if you go to a doctor instead of a cosmetic clinic). So out of pocket cost of $550.
    • As mentioned, the treatment involves about 30 needles into each armpit
    • After the injections are administered, icepacks will be applied to the area for 5 minutes.
    • Most patients begin to notice reduction of excessive sweating within 8 - 14 days.
    • The treatment gives a temporary result. 3 or 4 treatments per year is a common patient treatment plan.

So Botox patients are looking at having to go to the doctor 3-4 times per year for treatment, get 30 needles to each armpit, wait up to two weeks for the effects to kick in, and spend a couple of grand for the privilege to boot.

Now I know US healthcare rebates may be different but as I understand it, users will be paying next to nothing out of their own pocket for Sofdra, can order conveniently (and painlessly) online and have it delivered to their door, expect immediate results from use, and can use the product whenever they do or don't want to (maybe there are days they're happy to leave their PAH unaddressed).

What's not to like!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
0.025(7.04%)
Mkt cap ! $687.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.5¢ 38.0¢ 36.0¢ $3.158M 8.589M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 141840 37.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 135173 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.