TRS 0.95% $3.14 the reject shop limited

Up.... then down. For memory the last valuation I read about...

1. 256 Posts.
    Up.... then down.  For memory the last valuation I read about this stock was around $11. This is a solid company is in the middle of some adjustments after a challenging year with some fresh blood and new approaches recently introduced as they adapt to the changing way in which people shop (all in the last few anns)

This will bounce back & stabilize very soon in my opinion, as the new strategies take effect leading into the festive shopping season. While the numbers are down, it makes sense that there is a strong interest in driving the price down to hoover up a bunch of stocks at bargain prices. Good shopping.

Like going to Reject Shop, really.

I'd love to be in at these prices. Unfortunately I bought in on the way down BEFORE the restructures, so I'm looking for a return to value in the LT.

From the Fool, 15 oct:

The S&P/ASX 200 (INDEXASX: XJO) has gotten off to a strong start today, but not as strong as shares in The Reject Shop Ltd (ASX: TRS) which have jumped 40 cents or 4.7% to be trading at $8.99 per share.
    The rally came after the group provided a pre-AGM trading update. The announcement highlighted a significant improvement in business conditions compared to the beginning of the financial year. While negative consumer sentiment and an unseasonably warm winter were cited as reasons for a sharp decline in comparable store sales in July and August, the company reported that sales have improved considerably over the last five weeks. Although comparable store sales were still down 5.4%, total sales for the first quarter were up 2.7% compared to the prior period.
    Although it has been a tough period for the retailer – and indeed for its shareholders, with the shares having fallen roughly 50% over the last 12 months – The Reject Shop still looks to be one of the most promising investments in the sector.
    Due to the nature of its products (being low margin goods), it is relatively protected from the rapidly expanding online retail sector. As the company continues to grow its store count, now may be an excellent time to stock up for the long haul.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.