BOT 1.33% 38.0¢ botanix pharmaceuticals ltd

A lot of discussions today about the SP change. Mainly from the...

1. 800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    A lot of discussions today about the SP change. Mainly from the same 2-3 people.

I can somewhat respect the logic surrounding the apprehension of the SP moving north given the combination of a heavy dilution, overall market sentiment, and potential that maybe 40M was a bit too much dosh .....

But, for an SP of 18c .... if you honestly think our MC is worth that much with 40M in cash, 2 products moving into phase 2 + now the development of an antibiotic product (phase 1b), not to mention US interest. I will be damned. The MC for any phase 2 product, especially with the market size of dermatological based treatments, is a bit greater than the odd $180M MC. A good example today is $OPT, focussed on wet AMD. Anti VEGF treatments are commonplace for AMD, but they've now offered an alternative. Acne, atopic dermatitis statistically occupy larger market shares with albeit more competition. However, this is one simple example of the power of a positive phase 2 result. Now, we throw our superbug antibiotic into this cohort.

Lest we forget, the placement funding is to progress to phase 3. Am I suggesting this is a slam dunk that we will progress? No. But, it's a sign of confidence. Extrapolate that to 3 other products. Now with the added US biotech backing. You'd assume they did their research to commit $4-5M each.

Let's not get confused. Our last CR was horrible. However, MD (seems) to have learned from this. Do we need 40M worth of funding? I believe so. Tapping into the US market, hiring some seriously reputable directors to bring this home and taking our products to phase 3 isn't cheap. Not to mention developing CBD based antibiotics for superbugs.

I watched the action today, I even topped up at 22.5, and it was quite obvious that someone loaded up a sell order on open to offload their position. Haven't seen that before of late, and how nice that it happened on placement day. This was somewhat expected. I wouldn't be surprised if it was from our friends at Bell P & Argonaught .... the churn seems awfully similar in volume to the placement they were subscribed.

If all fails, yes, I would imagine we will slip alot further than 18c and fill your red marked line, under the green one where you'd like to fill up.

But let us not underestimate the power of phase 2 results due to the start of next month. The fear of a CR out of the way. And the d-day of placement done.

I think we have a lot to be positive about.

Now, let's hope Trump doesn't do anything too irrational so we can get back to 25-27c.

GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
0.005(1.33%)
Mkt cap ! $594.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
37.0¢ 38.0¢ 35.5¢ $3.637M 9.911M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 73931 37.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 563424 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.48pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.