BOT 7.46% 36.0¢ botanix pharmaceuticals ltd

I’m getting excited.I have closely followed the adoption of...

1. 8 Posts.
    I’m getting excited.

I have closely followed the adoption of state medical cannabis laws and the regulatory environment in the USA over the last 20 years and get the impression that the FDA have historically privileged single molecule drugs such as dronabinol over botanical drug products such as ‘medical cannabis’ in its raw form i.e. cannabis ‘flos’ or botanical extracts comprised of many potentially pharmacologically active compounds. Having said that, it does appear they are becoming more ‘open’ to them: https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-information/search-fda-guidance-documents/botanical-drug-development-guidance-industry

It is my opinion that the FDA would be keen to bring the entire ‘medical marijuana’ industry under its regulatory control but for this to happen I suspect they first require more cannabinoid based medicines approved via their traditional drug approval process.

That is the main reason I bought shares in this company but a successful application to the FDA for this current drug would further bolster my confidence in their ability to navigate the onerous drug approval process.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.0¢
Change
0.025(7.46%)
Mkt cap ! $567.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.0¢ 36.5¢ 33.3¢ $14.94M 42.66M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 112268 35.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 276101 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.