GOR 5.59% $1.61 gold road resources limited

Mill commissioning problems are like building your dream car;...

1. 16 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    Mill commissioning problems are like building your dream car; you build it all but can't turn it on until the end.
    You go to turn the engine on and find out something has been installed wrong and need to diagnose the issue and amend it.
    To fluke it and get it right the first time is incredible rare.
    And a mill is not as simple or commonly understood as a Mustang with the stock standard 350 chev motor.

A few operations around the Laverton belt suffered these issues such as installing the agitation blades at the opposite angle meaning the mill tanks didnt swirl the slurry properly for example.Crushing circuit may not have the right set up to handle the oxide ore instead of hard rock, and a temporary crushing circuit may need to be brought in.

These matters are at the hands of those hard working maintenance and construction blokes who require steel, diesel, motors, pipes and pumps.... and they will fix anything.

The ball mill is a critical component which requires the mine or construction surveyor to set their rover to it's highest accuracy settings and they get there into the guts of the mounting location of it and make sure it is sitting properly. Otherwise with such a mass at the wrong angle it can shake the mill all day long whilst causing rubbing and grinding which will cripple itself after too much. So it's a fairly intense thing to get right.

Given the issues can crop up during the commissioning phase, I don't think GOR were knowledgeable of these issues or any wrongdoing was at play here.

Just some light on the matter.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.61
Change
-0.095(5.59%)
Mkt cap ! $1.755B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.65 $1.65 $1.60 $2.600M 1.601M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 30454 $1.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.61 38332 37
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.48am 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.