CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

This is how I read bots and I make no pretences about knowing...

1. 1,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    This is how I read bots and I make no pretences about knowing precisely what I am talking about on the subject.

there are probably quite a few aspects I have totally missed also.

similar numbers would appear to be the same bot trader and more than one similar number without being in a set repetitive order or pattern of numbers would appear to be from more than one bot trader.

if there is more than one bot trader the bots can actually be pushing the price in different directions, but generally they appear to co-operate together.

they appear to be associated with an order or orders on the opposite side of the stack they are operating into and those orders get replenished or moved as the movement or lack of movement dictates.

sometimes they go to lunch from 1pm to 2pm....:)

sometimes if there is enough volume on the day they will jump a pip to avoid a large order that is not one of theirs until their daily quota of acc. or dist. is closer to
    completion.

you can see them change direction in a short time frame to move the price towards one of their orders. this can confuse those looking for a general direction change.

they appear to use a period vwap of the price to achieve what they want so the price will oscillate still over the period and keep the stock attractive to punters.

they usually operate between the top and bottom of the oscillation, when they disappear, usual market forces take over and a movement will usually prevail, this can be in the direction they want, so they can turn on and off to increase a price direction movement which they will take advantage of again.

it seems there are ratios attached to bots, so a bot operating in one direction is covered by trades in the opposite direction at a far greater amount. when volume increases, so can the bot frequency or number, same with price etc both up and down, this tends to hold with the vwap theory.

bots are a good indicator of what some big holders want to do with the market at any particular time, seeing as there are enough big holders of most stocks and often multiple bots operating, all with different market requirements on the day, it can be tricky working out if the bot is actually indicating market forces direction on that particular stock.

cer is an odd one regarding bots, a while back there was the seasick bot that only succeeded in lowering the number of day trades, also the common practice of cer holders to sit comfortably on either side of a narrow channel in large numbers does a better job of stabilising the price than a bot.

the recent unfounded spike in cer was the best thing in breaking up an otherwise increasingly boring holding pattern and providing some desperation on both sides of the trades as witnessed by the following volatility.

additions and corrections welcome cos i would love to know more thnx

ifandwhen

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.