(Just a bit of a Brain fart from me) When It comes to Fund...

1. 4,003 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 132
    (Just a bit of a Brain fart from me)

When It comes to Fund manager's, institutions ect with their bots, HFT's algos and so on, I think we need to remember that we retailers are playing their game, not the other way around. Markets have been! And always will be designed for the main players of the market, retail investors don't get to set the rules because up until around 20 years ago, retail participation was virtually non existent and as a % of business done today that has not changed.
    If we retailers are willing to spend thousands of dollars a month for an ‘unlimited ’ brokerage contract like the big boys do and/or tens of thousands of dollars on computer trading software, then you can, there is nothing in the RULES preventing you from doing that, but If you expect a Fund manager insto ect to trade BILLIONS of dollars worth of shares using a big-pond connection and an Etrade account.. Then its time to move on

Don't get me wrong.. I hate the Bot's HFT and manipulation just as much as the next guy but I know that they are part of the game and if I want to play the game then I learn the rules, make myself aware of how the other team plays and know where the side line, goal posts and umpires are at all times.
    If you are 5ft nothing and want to play in the NBA, they are not going to lower the hoop just for you and lets not forget, .. a large % of HFT & Bots are working for your super!

Thats it for my rant ....

PS; .. I have had my cup of concrete for today and hardened up, so hit me with your best shot :-) :-)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.