ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

Thanks Jake and Invertedva. It really is refreshing to read...

1. 22,000 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2178
    Thanks Jake and Invertedva. It really is refreshing to read posts that relate to the main issue, the company, and not like some, e.g. ADE, where they go hard at the messenger, which, finally, the mods have stopped.
    Gee, I only hope those that are still holding have a very good read of the Bidder's Statement that is being mailed to them all today, especially, if, as Jake says, that BPT management are hyenas, Section 6.4 would scare the living daylights out of me. De-list ADE!!!
    Imagine having your shares de-listed and the only buyer is BPT??? Frankly, can't see the "logic" in holding BPT to ransom as some on that forum are recommending.
    But, if they were such hyenas, then why didn't they pounce when ADE was as low as .087 only a few weeks ago. That .20 cents offer would be finalized by now.

But Jake, I have to agree, while ICN's SP is this low, it MUST be very tempting for anyone interested to be giving an offer serious thought.

However, I honestly believe that it is all about how BPT and ICN relate to each other. If they can work together, IMO they will, at least until more info is available from 218 and 855.
    Financially, I still say that BPT wouldn't even consider any further expenses relating to takeovers. The market is already telling them in no mean terms that they are very close to being over extended now. They are everywhere and actively so, not just sitting on stuff. That is very costly and they have obligations to other j/v partners to fulfil their commitments. They have years of work already lined up, obliged to complete. Check out their presentation today.
    They will really be slaughtered if they came out with another costly venture and, as Invertedva says, ICN must be in the $150 million category after what we have seen with ADE.
    But, seeing those "bots" at work, so persistently, ranging from 16.5 to 15.5, "someone" is seriously contemplating "something."
    My take is that in the present environment, why would anyone be selling other than to seriously embarrass RJ at the AGM? It is a most intriguing situation that could go any way without surprising. All my ideas are sheer guesses and I am very happy to read every other opinion that is posted here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.