NMR 0.00% 3.1¢ native mineral resources holdings limited

botswana coal road map, page-2

1. 251 Posts.
    Hey BSH,

yeah I had a read through CIC's website etc last week - exciting stuff! They seem to be the most developed coal play in Botswana.

If memory serves their market cap is around $85 Million at present and a resource of about 2.4 B tonnes.

From my reading they are it talks with a number of groups to sell their operation, They had a juicy all cash offer about a year ago (JSW Energy) of $7.42 per share, $412 million all up. Not sure what happened but it fell through and needless to say their share price took a pounding!

My thoughts are that before anyone seriously looks to buy up proven coal resources in Botswana we will need some clarity around the rail system - which with a bit of luck we will get early in the new year! But to me this shows there is interest out there for Botswana coal resources and there are a lot of eyes watching the situation unfold! Definitely one to watch!

One last note - CIC operates in Mmamabula which is part of the Limpopo/Waterberg region and is touted to have the last of Botswana's large untapped coal reserves. From memory Allan Mulligan (Walkabout Resources) is in negotiations to acquire a 70% interest in PL 17/2010 on NMR's behalf. From what I know this bit of land was relinquished my Meepong (CIC link). Will be another feather in NMR's cap if that deal comes through!

A bit of interesting reading is CIC's botswana presentation.

Heres a link :

http://cicenergycorp.com/_resources/botswana_cec_112911.pdf

PB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NMR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.1¢ 3.1¢ $17.70K 571.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1189 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.2¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.52pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NMR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.